What is VoIP and how does it work?
In today’s fast-paced digital world, you need a phone system that just does more than calling – you need a multi-faceted system that can enhance your daily operations, increase staff training and enhance client partnerships. Toronto IT support offers is a VoIP service provider for small businesses that can help you enhance staff workflow and manage numerous clients at a time.
Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) is a technology that allows you to make voice calls using your broadband internet connection. You have the ability to call anyone who has a telephone number – including local, international, mobile and long-distance!
VoIP converts your voice into a digital signal that travels over the internet, and even allows you to make a phone call in public locations including parks, cafes and airports. Never miss an important call again with VoIP that even allows you to redirect phone calls to your personal devices.
What are the benefits of using VoIP?
- Low cost. With no hardware to purchase and no need to pay for additional add-ons, you pay one low monthly fee and get everything included. Plus, you don’t have to worry about long-distance phone calls that can add up to a heft fee.
- Enhances a collaborative workflow. A unified communication system smooths the daily infrastructure between your staff. Features including messaging, call management, video calling and conferencing, and mobility allows your employees to work on the same project seamlessly and not get interrupted by a dropped call or waiting around for a landline to free up.
- High security. You can trust to implement high-security cyber solutions like firewalls and VPNs to increase your small business’ security. VoIP can have excellent security measures implemented that will deter any suspicious activity and prevent any external phishing scams.
- No bulky hardware. You can bypass installing bulky hardware and complex wires that come with a landline, and instead, opt for the light VoIP system that only needs high-speed internet. Additionally, VoIP allows for adding or removing any number of phones and extensions, making it easy to customize the system to your current business needs.
Is VoIP better than a landline?
VoIP is a much better choice for the future of your business. While landlines have helped solidify financial growth for small companies in the past, VoIP is a better alternative for a number of different reasons that include:
- VoIP is more cost-effective. Landline setup fees can add up fast with all the integrated hubs, switches, adapters, routers and wires that must be installed. Plus, there will be a monthly fee to pay to the provider. VoIP only requires a good internet connection to get an excellent connection with your clients.
- VoIP offers extensive flexibility. Pick up important phone calls anywhere, anytime. You don’t have to worry about being tied down to one space with your landline – take your important business virtual meetings wherever you are!
- VoIP has fewer dropped calls. Depending on the strength of your internet connection, VoIP systems allow your calls to have higher quality with fewer chances of dropped phone calls. VoIP calls sound better for all parties involved and allow multiple users to engage at the same time.
- VoIP offers greater functionality. Gaining access to a number of features simultaneously is one of the greatest features VoIP has over the standard landline. With one price that encompasses all the added features, you will get greater scalability, and reduce the instances where you need to call others back because you missed their call.